Dollar Car Rental - Chicago O'hare International Airport - ORD - Illinois - USA
Unverified Renter Reviews
Do not rent from here! Worst customer service EVER!!!
On 2/13/2020, at approximately 7:00 am. I arrived at Dollar location in O’hare International airport to pick-up a reservation. I was assisted by Ambrosio who later identified himself as the location manager. My adult daughter who booked the reservation on my behalf, was at the counter with me as she had the confirmation email and had completed the booking over the phone. We are visiting from California and had requested a car that would be safe to drive in the snow without needing chains (chains are required in California.) When I tried to confirm this with Ambrosio he mockingly said, “All cars can be driven in the snow, I don’t know how you drive so I wouldn’t know if it’s safe to drive or not.” He was condescending and annoyed when my daughter began to ask for clarification on the requirements for driving in the the snow. My wife then asked for a price estimate for a 4x4 drive. Again he appeared annoyed that he had to look up something else, after presenting us with the two different prices for the vehicles, my daughter tried to show him the confirmation email off her phone for the agreed price she had received over the phone. He said, “I have it on my computer and I don’t need to see yours.” My daughter again insisted there was an inconsistency in prices and asked him to refer to her email confirmation. At this point, he raised his voice at her and said, “you are not the costumer, I do not need to deal with you at all. It is too early to deal with this and I just don’t have to deal with you. I already said you don’t need chains in the snow and you guys are getting a good deal on the vehicle.” He then looked at me and said, “I am not addressing your daughter. And if you don’t like that I can cancel your reservation and you can go somewhere else, and I am the supervisor so I am able to do that.” We flew in for a naval graduation and have a tight schedule that could not accommodate delays, so we proceeded with the rental. The total of our rental was close to $900. We will never book through this company or recommend the business due to the horrible customer service experience. It has humiliating and degrading the way in which a supervisor from your company treated me and my family. I hope no one else gets treated the way he treated us. Ambrosios behavior bordered on harassment.
Ripped Off by Their Errors
Not a good experience at this Dollar Rent A Car office (ripped off by THEIR incompetence) and as a result, I will not use Dollar again-- ANYWHERE!
(1) Very shabby, dirty office.
(2) Three attendants who appeared to be competing for who could give the poorest assistance - demeanor ranged from unfriendly to surly
(3) Either the attendant kept messing up or their computers were not working well; I had to go through the entire rental process twice because the first one didn't work and provide the needed papers.
(4) I was therefore at the desk for 15 minutes with a line of unhappy people behind me
(5) I specifically said, when asked, that I did not need the $11 a day PlatePass for tolls as I was spending the week away from toll area - but it was charged to me anyway. Due to the long check-in, I did not catch/understand that until my credit card bill arrived weeks later
(6) Not only did they charge me an extra $74 for something I told them I did not need, they charged me TWICE, apparently because of their computer issues. A month later I was having to hassle with making several phone calls, sending documentation, etc. to get the second billing refunded, which is still pending at this time.
(7) Besides being dirty, the car exterior had large sticky places on it like duct tape had been removed.
Still had to pay the $74 for something I stated I did not need and did not use -- because it was MY FAULT that I didn't catch it after the long wait at their desk. Very convenient for them that they have no records as to whether the PlatePass on my car was ever used during my rental period (it wasn't). Ripped off by their incompetence. Never using Dollar Rent A Car again!
Shuttle to car lot took nearly 1 hour. Car exterior filthy upon pick up, and fuel tank only 3/4 full. They did fill car to full upon my request. Misquoted charges for car seat by representative, and loss/damage waiver charge added to bill even though I declined coverage. I will never rent from this location again.