Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

WORST CAR RENTAL EVER

Such a legal SCUM! After having a look on the internet I found out so many bad reviews and articles about GOLDCAR. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/Is-this-the-worlds-worst-car-hire-horror-story/ https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/sep/11/goldcar-travel-insurance-car-hire-sales-damage-waiver When we got there we found out that the insurance we had made on the internet didn't cover our car damages, even if in the internet was saying it would have covered us against any accident (READ THE GUARDIAN ARTICLE ABOVE) we then decided not to make another one. As soon as we informed the employee she was scaring us with possible damages the car could have experienced in Palma, saying that is very dangerous, listing the prices of any little damage (Window 200£, scratch 250£... sure the employee gets commission for extra insurance). We told them we didn't want to get one and she got so angry that she sent us to the other office in the same airport, refusing to let us collect the car. We went to the other office and we decided to make the insurance, just to avoid any further discussion and problems (they wanted to take 1500£ in advance from our cards in case of accidents). We returned the car at the end of the holidays and we flew back home After few days I checked my debit card to see if they have refunded me the deposit taken for the fuel and I noticed 30£ were missing. I sent them an email and they said they overcharged us cause of the condition of the car. We have left the car in more than a decent conditions, there was some sand inside but mallorca is an island and we clearly went to the beach. I am more than sure that they didn't spend more than what they normally have to clean the car we rented, we didn''t leave any permanent stain therefore they didn't use any special product neither. At the end we ended up paying the car 170£ more than the original price and we spent there 2 30H in the airport. If you want a hassle free holiday AVOID GOLD CAR

Owner's reply
VictoriaR - Goldcar Customer Service VictoriaR - Goldcar Customer Service

Dear Alessandro,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as expected. However, please let me explain you how our coverage policy works. We always make the customer choose from two different options: you can purchase our additional coverage or you can leave a deposit in which you'll be liable of any damage made to the car, as our agent explained you at the counter.

We are aware that third parties offer customers their own coverage, as in your case, but it should be explained that this coverage is only applied when a charge is debited from the deposit left by the customer to the rent-a-car company - this is how the third party's coverage policy works.

That’s why our agent told you that we would charge you any damage made to the car if anything happens and we're not aware of the conditions of the third party's coverage refund.

Therefore, we'll always offer our additional coverage to the customer for their peace of mind because thanks to it, the customer will be fully protected in case of an accident and we won't be liable if any damage is made to the car.

I hope this information has been useful.

Please let me know if you have further queries so I can help.

Kindest regards,
Victoria

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account