Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

NEVER AGAIN

Oh my goodness! NEVER AGAIN! I booked on the Jet2 site, so assumed they were OK - I will also be leaving negative feedback for Jet2 for associating with them. We waited over an hour to be served. You have to queue to get a ticket (from an operator who is also serving people who have already been queuing, so are angry that you're interrupting to get a ticket) only to return to the end of the queue so you can EVENTUALLY be served! You have no idea how much they're going to charge, you're bullied into taking extra insurance - even though I thought I'd covered that with the online booking. I've yet to dare to see what my credit card bill is. The operator then sent me to the wrong place to collect - behind the coffee bar (she said) we were trailing around like idiots looking for GOLDCAR Bay 6. The GOLDCAR staff couldn't understand us and clearly couldn't be bothered. Either didn't understand English speaking customers or pretended not to understand. We were desperate to get out of the airport and start our holiday - so by the time we actually set off - we'd been in the airport for approximately an hour and a half.

Service

Mentionable Staff
None - they couldn't care less
Comments
They are the worst car hire company I have ever dealt with. DO NOT USE THEM! I have hired cars for several years at various points across the world and this was the worst experience ever. The car was fine and I have no idea what the mileage was when I got in it. I was so stressed and anxious when I got in it - I didn't take a note of the mileage. The only thing that springs to mind is I couldn't turn the radio off - very irritating when you're trying to concentrate on listening/watching a sat nav guide you.
Owner's reply
VictoriaR - Goldcar Customer Service VictoriaR - Goldcar Customer Service

Dear Macmillan,

Thanks for your review. We're constantly improving services and process and our customer's opinion is key to achieve it.

We’re very surprised with your comment. Our staff is trained to offer an efficient, personalized, satisfactory and polite customer's attention.

Please let me explain we make daily arrival plannings but, unfortunately, there are mishaps out of our control, such a delay of a flight for example.
Also we offer a personalized customer service, and for that reason some customers need more attention time than others.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to tell you we're working hard to open new branch offices to reduce waiting time of our customers and inconvenience due to it.

Anyway I would like to explain you we have a Priority Check-in service you can add during the booking process. With this service you don't need to worry about queues, because there is an exclusive desk for it.

Regarding the coverage, please let me explain our clients have two options of coverage. First of all, you can choose a basic rental. With this rate it is needed to leave a deposit that remains blocked in your credit card until the day you return the car. If, unfortunately, the car has any damage, amount of repair costs will be deducted from the excess fee initially blocked.

On the other hand you have Super Relax coverage, with which you don't have to worry about anything because all incidents may happen are covered. You have more information of that here: (http://bit.ly/1sOkTk0).

We always recommend our clients to take out Super Relax cover for their own safe and tranquility on the road, but they're completely free to decide about it.

Kindest regards,
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account