Review Detail

Overall rating 

Miles/Kilometres on Pickup 

Location Convenience 

Staff / Quality of Service 

Vehicle Condition - Outside 

Vehicle Condition - Inside 

Not truthful

I was very disappointed with the service I received at Tocumen airport in Panama. When I arrived, I was given 3 quotes on a piece of paper for "insurance " without the breakdown. All the quotes were above 500 dollars when my reservation was 45 dollars. I was given misinformation from the check-in agent. He not only said all insurance was mandatory, but he also treated my transaction as a "debit" instead of a credit card, which I later learn was different. The check-out agent informed me that all the insurance was not mandatory that I could have just covered the car, and they only require mandatory insurance for debit cards and I used a Master Card. 

Service

Mentionable Staff
None
Comments
I was very disappointed with the service I received at Tocumen airport in Panama. When I arrived, I was given 3 quotes on a piece of paper for "insurance " without the breakdown. All the quotes were above 500 dollars when my reservation was  45 dollars. I was given misinformation from the check-in agent. He not only said all insurance was mandatory, but he also treated my transaction as a "debit" instead of a credit card, which I later learn was different. The check-out agent informed me that all the insurance was not mandatory that I could have just covered the car, and they only require mandatory insurance for debit cards and I used a Master Card. 

Upon checking the car, the gentleman insisted that I did not have to document dent or scratches because my car was covered regardless, which I found odd. When I returned the car, the chip on the windshield was blamed on me but it was already there. The agent said said not to worry because it was already covered,  but it was not done by me. 

I feel like I was conned by the Thrifty in Panama because of the way my transaction was handled. I have rented cars by your company before but it was my first time renting outside of the U.S. Please contact me regarding this.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account